Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
100 days ago
Assistant/Associate Professor of Computer Engineering
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) Department of Computer Science and Engineering is currently seeking a faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor level beginning January 2021. Candidates for this position must hold a PhD in Computer Engineering and have demonstrated the ability or potential for excellence in teaching, research, and service. The successful candidate is expected to teach the following courses: computer architecture, computer organization, microprocessors, and embedded systems. Knowledge of robotics, internet of things, network security, and machine learning is a plus.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah offers three four-year accredited Bachelor of Science Degrees: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Artifcial Intelligence & Data Science. The primary goal of the department is to educate students and produce skilled developers, engineers, and entrepreneurs who are equipped to excel in a competitive market and to launch their own start-ups.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching and research interests, transcripts, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three references. Applications must be submitted online.
Primary Responsibilities Include
• Teaching undergraduate courses
• Establishing and/or continuing development of a nationally or internationally recognized research program
• Participating in departmental, school, and university committees
• Advising and mentoring students
• Participating in outreach activities, such as continuing education workshops
• Obtaining sponsored funding in support of research program
• Doctoral degree in Computer Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
• Effective oral and written English communication skills
• Commitment to excellence in teaching, including the use of high-impact educational practices, and excellence in scholarship
• Interest and experience in working effectively with a diverse student population
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
• Experience with ABET accreditation requirements
• University teaching experience
Description of AURAK:
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is a public non-profit, independent, coeducation institution of higher education which delivers an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education with a strong focus on the local indigenous culture. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE. In addition, AURAK has recently achieved accreditation with the U.S. regional accreditation association, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and all of AURAK’s Engineering programs are now ABET accredited. The American model of higher education employed at AURAK ensures not only the acquisition of knowledge and skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites. Please visit: http://www.aurak.ac.ae.
Please create an account in order to apply for this job