48 days ago
General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, and the university recently received initial accreditation through SACSCOC in the United States. The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
To manage administration and communication in the Associate Provost office between the Associate Provost and faculty, staff, and students. To assure inquiries and requests for documents and records are addressed efficiently and to coordinate the Associate Provost’s schedule, support all projects and activities and ensure deadlines are met. To document all activities in the office for storage and retrieval.
Minimum Qualification and Education
Essential: Bachelor’s degree.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Highly computer proficient with extensive demonstrated experience in numerous programs.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience in word processing and spreadsheet manipulation.
- Extensive experience and expertise in organizing information and setting priorities.
- Experience in setting scheduled appointments and expertise in assuring that priorities are completed in a timely manner.
- Excellent and proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Experience working successfully with numerous people with varied expectations for work quality.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is a must; Preferred experience in online graphic programs for program advertisement.
- Excellent communication skills in English both spoken and written are mandatory.
- Strong office management skills.
Minimum 2- 4 years' experience in the Secretarial/Administration field; experience in a high stress environment managing numerous responsibilities simultaneously.
Language proficiency required
- Essential: Fluent in English
- Desirable: Fluent in Arabic
- Service Excellence
- Professional Ethics and Integrity
- Time Management
Associate Provost - Office of Student Success
Please create an account in order to apply for this job