Chief Communications & Marketing Officer
337 days ago
General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, and the university recently received initial accreditation through SACSCOC in the United States. The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
The Chief Communications & Marketing Officer is responsible to develop, execute, and analyze marketing and promotional activities in support of the University’s strategic communication and enrollment goals in conjunction with the Department of Admissions. This position will ensure that all communications, marketing and promotional activities are executed efficiently and effectively.
Minimum Qualification and Education
Essential: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related business field.
Desirable: Master degree in marketing, communication, or related business field.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent people and budget management skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the University’s internal and external communities;
- Experience in developing communications flow and direct marketing campaigns using CRM systems
- Ability to project manage and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to work with students, partners and vendors to develop sensible, high-quality, and aesthetic graphic and media design;
- An understanding of the University’s current and future audience segments, and the ability to develop appropriate and compelling messaging to reach these audiences.
- 15 years of experience in marketing, preferably in a higher education setting.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience of leading or managing a team of professionals within a marketing and/or communications environment
Language proficiency required
Bilingual in English and Arabic
Advanced proficiency in speaking, reading and writing English and Arabic required.
Leading with Authenticity
Ensuring Professional Ethics and Integrity
Developing Excellence through Continuous Improvement
Managing Diversity, Inclusiveness and Cultural Authenticity
Engaging in Collaborations
Please create an account in order to apply for this job