62 days ago
· General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, and the university recently received full accreditation through SACSCOC in the United States. The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
· Job Purpose
Responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting AURAK's RAKRIC core technology systems. Also responsible for designing and installing LANs, WANs, Internet and intranet systems and network segments. This position will also be deeply involved in the research, analysis, and selection of campus computing services specifically network and server solutions. The responsibility of the IT Administrator will also include network and IT security administration.
Furthermore, the jobholder of the position will be responsible for providing technical assistance and troubleshooting services for the campus networking and telecommunications infrastructure.
· Minimum Qualification and Education
Essential: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
· Required Knowledge and Skills
· Hands-on experience with Microsoft active directory and file server setups.
· Knowledge about virtualization technologies, windows server operating system and datacenter infrastructure.
· Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
· Experience with network firewalls and VPN’s remote implementation.
· Hands-on experience with IP Camera and NVR.
· Knowledge of implementing and supporting enterprise networks in a multi-user environment.
· Ability to prioritize, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLA’s.
· Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm.
· Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques.
· Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative.
· Knowledge of data center best practices for infrastructure planning, monitoring, and operations.
· Work Experience
Essential: Three (3) years of working experience in complex IT infrastructure.
· Language proficiency required
Essential: English, fluent
Desirable: Arabic, basic and any other language is an asset
· Service Excellence-
· Professional Ethics and Integrity-
· Time Management
· Reporting line
Assistant Provost for Community Services – Office of Research and Community Service
Please create an account in order to apply for this job