Adjunct Faculty Positions - Computer Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
62 days ago
Adjunct Faculty Positions
Computer Engineering, Civil and Infrastructure Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering
American University of Ras Al Khaimah
The School of Engineering at American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) invites applications for adjunct faculty positions in the following disciplines:
1) Computer Engineering: teach courses in data and computer communication, network security, wireless networking, computer networking protocols, and network servers. Knowledge of cloud computing, big data, and parallel computing is a plus.
2) Civil Engineering: teach courses in highway and transportation engineering.
3) Mechanical Engineering: teach courses in dynamics, mechanical vibrations, mechanical design and theory of machines and control systems.
4) Petroleum Engineering - two positions:
a. One position to teach courses in drilling engineering, reservoir rock and fluid properties, well logging, natural gas, and well performance.
b. Another position to teach courses in petroleum reservoir engineering, reservoir simulation, stimulation and intervention in petroleum production operations, applied reservoir geology, and water flooding.
• Ph.D. degree in the area of specialization from an accredited institution of higher education
• University teaching experience
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to excellence in teaching, including the use of high-impact educational practices
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
• Familiarity with ABET accreditation requirements
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, a detailed curriculum vitae, a brief description of teaching philosophy and courses taught, unofficial copies of transcripts, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three references. Applications should be submitted via online.
Please create an account in order to apply for this job