135 days ago
· General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, and the university recently received full accreditation through SACSCOC in the United States. The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university and will be celebrating its tenth year of operation in 2019. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
· Job Purpose
To support university requirements which include visualizing and creating graphics like illustrations, logos, layouts, photos, etc., to shape the visual aspects of reports, magazines, university branding, exhibition requirements and more and to have a creative flair and a strong ability to translate requirements into designs
· Minimum Qualification and Education
Essential: Diploma in graphics designing or related courses
Desirable: Bachelor's Degree in Graphics Design or related courses
· Required Knowledge and Skills
· A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics with ability to work systematically and meet deadlines.
· Creative, adaptable to trends and can conceptualize original ideas.
· Familiar with design software and technologies such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.
· Can work on multiple briefs at the same time
· A keen eye for aesthetics and details
· Excellent communication skills.
· With ability to work under pressure.
· Can easily interact with members of the department and other university personnel.
· With good ability to take photographs for design requirements.
· Work Experience
Essential: with two years’ experience in graphic designing works
Desirable: with five year’s graphic design work experience
Desirable: Bilingual (English and Arabic)
· Service Excellence-
· Professional Ethics and Integrity-
· Time Management
· Reporting line
The Chief of Staff
Please create an account in order to apply for this job