Secretary -Student Life/Internship & Career Development Department
151 days ago
· General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE, and the university recently received full accreditation through SACSCOC in the United States. The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university and will be celebrating its tenth year of operation in 2019. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
· Job Purpose
This position will provide administrative, clerical, and written and verbal communication and program coordination to support two offices, the Office of Student Life and the Office of Career Development and Internships. Daily tasks will include preparing materials for presentations, writing letters, and set up for meetings and activities that are part of the mission of both offices, and managers calendars for both offices. Position will assist in all aspects of career and internship placement and in organizing career development events and programs. Face paced work environment with high expectations for accuracy and follow-through with assigned tasks.
· Minimum Qualification and Education
Essential: Bachelor's Degree
· Required Knowledge and Skills
· Computer Literate.
· Good knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet manipulation.
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) is a must.
· Excellent communication skills in English both spoken and written are mandatory.
· Know how to organize information and set priorities.
· Understanding of scheduling
· Must possess good communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
· Strong office management skills
· Work Experience
Minimum 2-4 years' experience in the Secretarial/Administration field.
· Language proficiency required
Fluent in English (Arabic is an advantage)
· Results Oriented- Meet deadlines, and work under pressure
· Customer focused
· Team player
· Reporting line
Manager of DSL & DICD
Please create an account in order to apply for this job