Adjunct Faculty Opening (Instructor of Mass Communication)
199 days ago
ADJUNCT FACULTY OPENINGS
Instructor of Mass Communication
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences of the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), located in the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E), invites applications for an adjunct faculty position in Mass Communication, at the rank of instructor, to begin in Fall 2019.
We are particularly interested in adjunct faculty qualified to teach courses in following areas:
- New Media and Digital Culture
Description of Responsibilities:
- Combine practical and theoretical specialties in Photography, New Media and Digital Culture, including the interaction between the old and new media systems and platforms, so as to be able to teach: Photography and new Media and Digital Culture.
-Demonstrate an innovative teaching agenda.
- Participate in academic advisement and departmental service.
In addition, the candidate for this position will be expected to:
• Display a commitment to undergraduate education,
• Possess communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively
• Participate in curriculum and program development,
• Participate in committee work and in completion of administrative and supervisory tasks as suggested by the department chair and program coordinator,
• Lead co-curricular media program activities,
• Nurture relationships with employers for internship and job placements for Mass Comm students.
• Earned Master's or equivalent degree in the field of Mass Communication, with a bachelor's degree in a similar field from an accredited institution of higher learning
• Professional experience in Digital Photography, New Media and Digital Culture.
• Ability to create design ideas using computer-based design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Dreamweaver, Flash Player and 3D Flash Animator, Apple Final Cut Pro X, and Avid audio production software
• Scholarly publications with teaching experience for at least 2 years.
• Communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with students and colleagues.
Professional experience in photography, multimedia, new media and digital culture.
Description of AURAK:
The American University of Ras AI Khaimah (AURAK) is a public non-profit, independent, coeducation institution of higher education which delivers an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education with a strong focus on the local indigenous culture. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE. The American model of higher education ensures not only the acquisition of knowledge and ski lls in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is located in Ras AI Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing
region. The beauty of Ras AI Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes - its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
About the Program Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communication:
The Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications prepares students to understand how information in the 21st century is collected, transmitted and perceived. It cultivates in students the skills and knowledge required to take on a position of responsibility in private and public enterprises. It is designed to train communication professionals to analyze and present information in a highly complex world being sensitive to the cultural milieu in which information is being communicated. Taught entirely in English, the B.A. in Mass Communication requires the completion of 121 credit hours that encompass courses in general education and required and elective courses in Mass Communication. After completion of the core mandatory courses, students have the opportunity to focus on a specific concentration of courses in either Digital Media or Public Relations. Students must also complete a practicum internship to fulfill the requirements of the program.
Application Submission: Application materials must be submitted online
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged. Complete applications include the following
• Cover letter
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Detailed curriculum vitae (resume)
• Copies of all transcripts - official transcripts will be required upon hiring
• Three references (Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
• List of courses taught
• Copies of teaching evaluations
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please create an account in order to apply for this job