Instructor of Chemical Engineering
74 days ago
Instructor for the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Chemical Engineering Program
The Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) invites applications for an instructor position in Chemical Engineering program to begin Fall 2019. Candidates are expected to have a master’s degree in Chemical Engineering and demonstrate potential for excellence in teaching and service. The application package should have a detailed résumé, a brief description of teaching philosophy, and courses taught. English is the language of instruction and communication. Screening of applications starts immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate is expected to teach the following courses: Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering Laboratory I and Chemical Engineering Laboratory II. Additionally, the instructor should be capable of teaching introductory level courses and familiar with the chemical engineering laboratory equipment. A well-established research record is a plus.
The Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah offers two four-year Bachelor of Science Degrees, one in Chemical Engineering and the other in Petroleum Engineering. The primary goal of the department is to educate students and produce skilled developers, engineers, and entrepreneurs who are equipped to excel in a competitive market and to launch their own start-ups.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Teaching laboratories and introductory level courses
• Participation in departmental, school, and university committees and activities
• Advising and mentoring students
• Participation in outreach activities, such as continuing education workshops
• Involvement in research activities within the department
• Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution of higher education
• University teaching experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to excellence in teaching, including the use of high-impact educational practices
• Interest and experience in working effectively with a diverse student population
• Ability and willingness to work collaboratively with faculty from a variety of disciplines
• Experience with ABET accreditation requirements
Submission of Application:
Please submit the application materials described online.
Please create an account in order to apply for this job