Instructor of English
373 days ago
Instructor of English
American University of Ras Al Khaimah
The Department of Languages and Literature of the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), invites applications for a full-time faculty appointment in English, at the rank of Instructor, to begin in fall 2019.
The successful candidate will teach English Language skills courses in the General Education Program. The normal teaching load for a full-time instructor is fifteen credit hours per semester.
• A Master’s degree in English from an accredited institution of higher education is required.
• Undergraduate level teaching experience, CELTA qualification (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), and an educational background sufficient for credentialing as a teacher of the university’s Public Speaking course are preferred;
• Commitment to excellence in teaching and the use of technology to support pedagogy;
• Commitment to continued professional development;
• Ability to incorporate the English language lab into instruction.
• Ability to work with colleagues in a collaborative, interdisciplinary, and multicultural environment.
Description of AURAK:
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is a public non-profit, independent, coeducation institution of higher education which delivers an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education with a strong focus on the local indigenous culture. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE. The American model of higher education ensures not only the acquisition of knowledge and skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
Application materials must be submitted via online.
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged. Complete applications include the following items:
• Cover letter
• Statement of teaching philosophy
• Detailed curriculum vitae (résumé)
• Copies of all transcripts – official transcripts will be required upon hiring
• Three references (Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
• List of courses taught
• Copies of teaching evaluations
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Appointment Information: Full-time, four-year contract with the possibility of renewal. Competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For more information about the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), please visit: http://www.aurak.ac.ae
Please create an account in order to apply for this job