Biotechnology Assistant Professor
248 days ago
Biotechnology Assistant Professor
American University of Ras Al Khaimah
The Department of Biotechnology at the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is seeking an Assistant Professor of Biotechnology. The successful candidate is expected to join the university in August 2018.
This position requires the candidate to teach both theoretical and practical courses in Biotechnology in the areas of cell and molecular biology and medical biotechnology. The faculty member will be involved in curriculum review and development, including the development of course content. The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated to achieve the Department’s mission in the areas of teaching, research, and community service and social responsibility.
The successful candidate will:
• Participate in teaching theory and practical courses in the field of Cell and Molecular Biotechnology, as well as Medical Biotechnology, employing high-impact educational practices.
• Assist in the continued development and promotion of the Biotechnology Program.
• Pursue an active program of research leading to peer-reviewed publications in indexed journals.
• Mentor and supervise the research work of undergraduate students.
Minimum qualifications include:
• A doctoral degree in one of the disciplines of Biotechnology, from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Evidence of relevant scholarly or professional background, with demonstrated potential for scholarly productivity.
• Significant record of teaching effectiveness and technical experience in the field of Biotechnology.
• Evidence of willingness to engage in service to the community.
• Experience in the American higher educational (credit hour) system.
• Experience with specialized program accreditation and international accreditation.
• Fluency in spoken and written English at the general and professional levels.
The Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology Program is a four-year degree program with concentration in either Cell and Molecular Biotechnology or Medical Biotechnology. The program aims to produce skilled and knowledgeable Biotechnologists who are capable of applying their acquired knowledge to scientific research and development in medicine, science, agriculture and the environment for the benefit of their societies, while maintaining the highest standards of professional ethics in their careers.
Description of AURAK
Located in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is a public non-profit, independent, coeducation institution of higher education that delivers an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education with a strong focus on the local indigenous culture. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE. The American model of higher education ensures not only the acquisition of knowledge and skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
Application materials must be submitted online.
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged. Complete applications include the following items:
• Cover letter
• List of courses taught + Statement of teaching philosophy
• Copies of teaching evaluations, if available
• Detailed curriculum vitae (résumé) + Three references (Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses)
• Copies of all transcripts – official transcripts will be required upon hiring
Application Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Appointment Information: Full-time, four-year contract with the possibility of renewal. Competitive salary and benefits packages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For more information about the American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK), please visit: http://www.aurak.ac.ae
Please create an account in order to apply for this job